Celtic Designs Jewelry is made to last a lifetime, however with regular wear, care is required to keep it in good condition.
Wearing Your Jewelry
- Remove Jewelry During Tasks – When performing manual tasks, remove your jewelry to prevent physical damage or exposure to chemicals or cleaning fluids.
- Put Jewelry on After Applying Makeup – Cosmetics, hairspray, perfumes and lotions contain chemicals that can damage jewelry.
- Remove Jewelry Before Entering Swimming Pools and Spas – Chlorinated water can react with the metals found in jewelry causing colour changes and tarnish.
- Contact Sports and Jewelry Don’t Mix – Apart from potential damage to your jewelry, it is dangerous if items get caught or entangled.
Cleaning Your Jewelry
- Remove Your Jewelry Before Bathing – Soap can cause a film to form, making your jewelry appear dull and dirty.
- Use Jewelry Polishing Cloths for Best Results – Polish silver or gold with a jewelry polishing cloth for best results. Use of tissue or paper towels can cause scratches because of fibres in these products.
- Clean Your Jewelry with Care – Bleach can literally destroy jewelry so avoid it at all costs.
- Use Warm Water to Clean Jewelry – Using warm mild soapy water is the best option when cleaning your own jewelry, if you do not have a jewelry polishing cloth. A soft toothbrush is ideal for reaching into hard to access areas in rings.
Tarnish is a product of oxidation, caused by interacting of silver jewellery or objects with certain elements such as oxygen or sulfur as well as with certain acids. Tarnishing on silver jewellery, when worn on a regular basis usually does not occur.
Storage for a prolonged time causes silver jewellery to tarnish. Taking a medication that changes the acidity of your skin may also cause silver jewellery to tarnish. Cosmetics, perfume, deodorant etc can also cause tarnishing to your silver jewellery.
To keep your silver tarnish-free, frequently clean your silver in a mild dishwashing liquid diluted in water, rinse well and then thoroughly dry your silver jeweller. Always store silver in a dry container or a plastic bag with anti-tarnish paper.
Celtic Birthstone Rings and Necklaces
a piece of your heritage, to carry with you
About Celtic Designs Jewelry
since 1950, forging the way in Celtic jewelry design
Making jewelry is in our blood. We have never done anything else. Celtic jewelry is our passion and our history is built on innovating beautiful designs and quality pieces for our customers.